Thursday, February 20, 2014

Picture Frame Turned Earring Rack




While redecorating my bedroom, I lost the surface on top of which I stored my jewelry. I was also really tired of fighting with my old earring holder and so I decided to make a new one. The new one had to be wall mounted to fit in my new bedroom layout. My problem is that I have a lot of jewelry, so my new earring needed a lot of space. My other frustration with my old earring rack was that I had to take the backs off the earring and put them on again behind the rack. This took so much time and I so frequently dropped the earring back that I wasn't wearing them because it was too much of a hassle. I had seen a couple things online that I liked, but most didn't have as much storage as I needed. So, I came up with this picture frame turned earring rack! My favorite part of this rack is that you can just lift the earrings off and set the on it!!!

Materials
11"x14" picture frame (or however large you want yours to be)
3 strips of wood 1/4"x1/8"x36" (available at Joann or other hobby stores)
Wood Glue
Spray Paint
Dremel & Cutting Wheel attachment


  1. Remove the glass and other innards from your picture frame.
  2. Cut the strips of wood to the size of your frame. 11" in my case.
  3. Make a mark every 1/4" across the strips of wood starting and ending 1/2" from the edge
  4. With the dremel, make an 1/8" deep cut from the top of the wood at each mark.
  5. Glue the strips of wood to the inside of the frame with the wood glue.
  6. After the glue it completely dry, spray paint the whole rack, if desired.
  7. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment